What other hikers are denied is available exclusively to you: you will be picked up at Oey-Diemtigen railway station and driven comfortably up to Springenboden. After a refreshing coffee break at the Gsässweid inn, the five-hour panoramic hike up to the Niesen summit begins.
Overnight tip: If you want to extend the hike to a two-day tour, book an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast at the Gasthaus Gsässweid on Springenboden and end your day of arrival high up in the Diemtigtal in the home of Wenger Kilian. It's worth visiting the Schwingerweg, for example! Groups are also very welcome. > Info and booking at Gasthaus Gsässweid
Those who prefer to hike down: An overnight package with a drive up to the Niesen, the hike down to Springenboden, overnight stay at the Gsässweid inn and transfer back down to the valley can also be booked as a > package at Diemtigtal Nature Park.
Facts about the panoramic hike Springenboden-Niesen
- Approx. 5 hours hiking time
- 11.2 kilometre route
- Difficulty level medium to difficult
- 1243 metres ascent
- 269 metres descent
- Hiking route: Springenboden-Unterer Drune-Hoschüpfe-Geeri-Chummli-Unterer Stalde-Oberer Stalde-Niesen summit
What does the offer include?
- Transfer by car from Oey-Diemtigen railway station to Springenboden at 8.24 a.m.
- Ticket for the descent with the Niesen cable car from Niesen Kulm down to Mülenen
- 7th / 14th / 21st / 28th July 2023
- 4th / 11th / 18th / 25th August 2023
- Good mountain boots
- Weatherproof clothing
- Headgear, sunglasses and sun cream
- Pocket first-aid kit
- Rucksack with food and enough drinks for the journey
- possibly hiking sticks
This exclusive offer can be booked on certain dates in summer 2023 and must be reserved at least two days in advance in the > BLS Webshop. We recommend an early reservation.
Good to know
The hiking trail may pass through a flock of sheep with guard dogs in the Geeri area. Please pay attention to the signs at the beginning of the pasture and behave accordingly. A section of the trail also leads through a summer pasture with cattle.